Martyn Lawrence Bullard is probably the most outrageous of the four decorators. His overuse of "delicious" as an adjective to describe anything gorgeous has infiltrated my brain. In the shows opening I almost cringe when I hear him say "decorating is totally delicious." In the first episode of season two, he tells Craig Van Den Brulle that his shop is "beyond delicious."
Now, when I see something I love, all I hear in my head is, "it's totally delicious." Although I'd never utter the words aloud, here are a few things that have made me conjure up my inner Martyn Lawrence Bullard.
1. Jonathan Adler's new fabric line for Kravet.
2. This beautifully tiled powder room wall by Nancy Zboch found in January's House & Home magazine.
3. Miles Redd's jewel-toned reading corner. I love those juicy colours - and the foo dogs.
4. These Byzantium wallpapers by Schumacher - I'm definitely going to have to use one (or two) of these in our next house (depending on the price tag!)
5. FLOR tiles. I love this practical, beautiful flooring system. You simply buy carpet squares in whatever colour, texture or pattern you like, and assemble your own custom rug to suit your tastes and the size of the room. I'd like to experiment with a runner for our basement hallway and if all goes well, I'd create an area rug for the living room. Added bonus - if you spill something on it, it's easy to remove that tile and clean it.